HOW TO GET HERE
-1. Fly to NIAS-
1. get a flight to Jakarta*, overnight at a hotel near the airport, or better yet, right in terminal 3 at the digital airport hotel in a capsule, cheap as chips, not as nice as a hotel, but hey, you'll be at asu camp tomorrow, so who cares about today...
2. get a direct garuda flight from jakarta to Nias the next morning at 6:30am arriving Nias at 8:40 and get to Asu for lunch and an afternoon session. unbeatable.
*Note - from bali you can get the last flight of the day to jakarta, check your bags all the way through to nias, and leave the plane with just a backpack, next morning you're on your way to nias. it's that easy.
1. Get a flight to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, or Bangkok (KL is the closest to Medan).
2. Get one of the many daily flights to the Medan Kualanamu Airport, North Sumatra.
3. grab a 1 hour connecting flight from the Medan Kualanamu Airport to Gunung Sitoli Airport Nias. we highly recommend using garuda airlines if at all possible, but if their schedule doesn't lineup with your itinerary, then other airlines will do.
note - All domestic indonesian flights are easily booked at www.nusatrip.com. too easy...
-2. getting to the CAMP-
1. Our driver will meet you at the airport and load your bags.
2. It’s a 2.5-hour scenic car ride to the west coast harbor of Sirombu.
3. Our speedboat will meet you in the harbor, load your bags for the 30-minute speed boat ride to Asu (in good weather conditions).
4. A fifteen-minute walk up the point to arrive at Asu Camp and you have arrived!